Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Learn something new every day

For as long as I can remember I have reacted to new things I've read or seen with the line "You learn something new every day". So I decided recently to turn this common reaction into a regular, conscious, documented action.

As it was close to the end of 2008 it seemd like a good idea to do this for every day of 2009. The documentation method I've chosen is an altered book. I had an old Financial Accounting text book from my college days and it had an appropriate number of pages (640) to allow for some of the things I learn to be given a two-page spread.

After some paint work this is what the cover now looks like



and this is the title page



I plan to create the pages every day as I feel it will be a good thing to do some art work on a regular basis, something I don't find I'm doing at the moment. I also hope to upload them as I go, rather than do it in large chunks, which will be more effective time-wise as well. I have a feeling that it's going to be an interesting journey for me.

Roll on 2009!

No comments: