Tuesday, March 10, 2009

March 3 - geckos

I love geckos. They're realy cute. I've drawn them, painted them and made sculptural pieces of them. However, I think that I may have overdone the whole "I love geckos" thing because I seemed to have attracted vast numbers of them to me. The house is gradually being overrun by them.

I did a search on the web for some way to control them and found out that they don't like mothballs so now I have mothballs located near their favourite places. The only problem is I now have to decide whether I prefer the geckos, and all the hassles they bring with them, to the smell of mothballs. And I still don't know if the mothballs work anyway.
If anyone out there has any better ideas then please feel free to share them with me.

3 comments:

HRS said...

Nice to read your blog Lena...its a very nice to read.....keep up the good work
cheers
Helen

Peta said...

Hi Lena, love your blog!!!....I am also interested in some magic product that will encourage the geckos to leave my home and studio!
Keep up your wonderful creativity!
Peta

Lena said...

Hi Helen and Peta,

Thank you for your comments. I appear to have fallen behind with this but hope to catch up again shortly.

The mothballs didn't work, Peta, and I got rid of them when the smell seemed to be everywhere. Something I read indicated that the best way to keep them out is to reduce their food source. If you put a drop of pennyroyal oil in a bucket of water and wipe surfaces where moths hang out it keeps the moths away. When there are no moths the geckos don't have any food to catch. It works perfectly for keeping pantry moths under control too.