Monday, July 6, 2009

April 6 - Craft

On LifeMatters today Richard Aedy interviewed Pip Lincolne about a new craft movement that's happening possibly as a consequence of the current financial crisis.

There's a general trend back to the old crafts as more people seek simpler and more economically effective life choices. Sewing machines are back in vogue and there's an increasing interest in knitting and crochet and other craft skills.

Pip has a blog that's worth checking out. It's at http://meetmeatmikes.blogspot.com/

My mother is a tailor and taught my sisters and me to sew when we were very young, so sewing and craft have been in my blood all my life. It's pleasing to me to see so many people discovering craft as a worthwhile activity. It's such a big part of my life that I couldn't imagine my life being any other way.

No comments: