Thursday, August 6, 2009

April 19 - Buttonhole bookbinding

There was a tutorial scheduled for today at the bookbinders Guild about Buttonhole book binding. As they didn't have enough people to do it the tutorial didn't go ahead so I thought I'd look it up on the web to see what I could find instead.

The photo here came from Google Images and I found a great website where the author shares many bookbinding techniques. You can find his instructions for this book at
http://cailun.info/index.php?/archives/337-Sewing-sections-for-hybrid-button-hole-and-long-stitching.html

When I went to the website to check out the instructions I also read about the artist and found out that Cai Lun was the inventor of paper in China in 150AD.

Despite all of the complaints about the web, I find it very safe and informative and I use it regularly for self education. I am grateful for the generosity of everyone who's willing to shares their thoughts and skills.

No comments: