Saturday, January 17, 2009

January 10 - Adaptables

Gemma Smith is a Queensland artist whose work is currently on display at the "Optimism" exhibition at GOMA.

Gemma's work is characterised by an exploration of geometric shapes and patterns. She's created a series of pieces called "adaptables" which are connected shapes that can be assembled into an unlimited range of positions. She goes into GOMA regularly and rearranges the pieces she has on display.

I decided to make my own adaptable as the subject of my page. Here's the photo of the page with my adaptable in a pocket.


It's interesting how my little adaptable can take on quite different presentations depending on the way it's laid out.
















The idea lends itself to being used as the basis of a book form so I think I'll play around with it at some stage.

No comments: