Tuesday, May 12, 2009

March 15 - School of everything

I discovered today that this organisation exists to "help learners find local teachers in all subjects worldwide". What a cool idea!

It was apparently set up by some guys who were unhappy with the way education was happening (or not) so they decided to set up a social learning network. Participation in the network is free but the cost of the individual tutoring that results is an arrangement between the tutor and the student.

The idea is that you either sign up to teach something or to learn something, or both, and the subjects you can learn include just about everything you can think of.

The site is here http://schoolofeverything.com/

I just love how the internet is changing everything about how we function in our communities and in the world as a whole.

4 comments:

Sophie Munns said...

Hi Lina,
I just noticed this post when tuned into my blog earlier on and got curious, looked it up and ended up signing on and leaving details as I am in the process of setting up classes at the moment.
It is pretty fascinating. It would be good to spread the word and get others signing on to teach in the broader Brisbane community...increasing opportunities for some interesting exchanges!
You're always finding such great stuff!
Bravo Lena!

Lena said...

Thanks Sophie, since starting this project I've been astonished with the amount of new stuff I keep coming across.

Chrissy Foreman C said...

Ooh - this IS a great find Lena!
In other news QR are loojking into muralling the Milton subway. Itchy feet?

Lena said...

I don't think so but I'd be interested in finding out what they have in mind