Wednesday, May 20, 2009

March 24 - Avid Diva day

It was my turn to host the Avid Diva day. We're a group of artists who get together to share arty tips, food and gossip. You'll find our blog at http://www.aviddivas.blogspot.com/. We called ourselves that because we liked the idea of having a name that's a palindrome.

I had decided to spend the day on tools and metal stuff so I set up a workstation for making chains from steel wire and another one for using a dremel.

As I said in an earlier post, I did a workshop last year with Keith lo Bue and learned heaps about the correct use of tools so I was keen to share what I'd learned with my friends.

The thing I learned in the process was that there's a fine line between being too prepared and not being prepared enough when you go to teach something.

Being too prepared may sometimes result in an inability to be spontaneous and not being prepared enough may result in an inaccurate result. Both of these outcomes were part of my experience of the day but I'm sure noone else noticed.

As always, getting together with people who share your interests is fun.

No comments: